COVID-19 Emergency Grant
The Markham-Nathan Fund for Social Justice is deeply concerned about the challenges people and social justice organizations are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. We created the COVID-19 Emergency Grant to address these challenges.
Grant limit: $2,000. Application deadline December 1, 2020.
You can apply for a COVID-19 Emergency Grant even if you already received a grant from us. Your organization can receive one COVID-19 Emergency Grant per year.
- Organization Name
- Date of application
- Contact person’s name, email address, telephone number, your organization’s website address and phone number
- Year organization was founded
- Tax-exemption number (or that of your fiscal sponsor)
- Amount requested
Describe briefly and succinctly in 200 words or less your need for funding for a project arising from the COVID-19 pandemic’s effects on your community, consisting of:
- Financial relief or mutual aid for members or families in your community suffering from job or housing loss, childcare or school closing, medical expenses stemming from the virus or social measures to prevent its spread.
- Fightback campaign against cuts in benefits or social safety net or in the right to organize pitched as a response to the virus.
Technical support to maintain communication and continue organizing in these times of social distancing
- Budget for your project
- What is your organization’s yearly budget?
- Describe how your project fits in with and serves the long-term organizing plans and goals of your organization.
Please send your application to email@example.com
(PDFs are the preferred format.)
If you receive a grant the Markham-Nathan Fund for Social Justice requires
that grantees acknowledge our support in their organizational (digital and print) media.
Our work is made possible through donations.